The Register Committee convened in Valencia on 19-20 June, hosted by the University of Valencia.
29 June 2017: Apart from reviewing numerous applications, the Register Committee continued its discussions on the policy document on external quality assurance and other activities of QAA’s. Before the start of the meeting, EQAR organised an induction/training session for new Register Committee members.
- ANQA – National Centre for Professional Education Quality (Armenia)
- IQAA – Independent Kazakh Agency for Quality Assurance in Education
- IAAR – Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating (Kazakhstan)
Approved renewal applications:
- AEQES – Agence pour l’Evaluation de la Qualité de l’Enseignement Supérieur (Belgium)
- ASHE – Agency for Science and Higher Education (Croatia)
- HCERES – High Council for Evaluation of Research and Higher Education (France)
- FINEEC – The Finnish Education Evaluation Centre
- ASIIN – Akkreditierungsagentur für Studiengänge der Ingenieurwissenschaften, der Informatik, der Naturwissenschaften und der Mathematik (Germany)
- FIBAA – Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (Germany)
- AQAS – Agency for Quality Assurance through Accreditation of Study Programmes (Germany)
Other news from the Register Committee
On 1 July, EQAR takes leave of Eric Froment, who served as Chair of the EQARRegister Committee for five years. The EQAR General Assembly, the Executive Board and the Register Committee members thanked Eric Froment wholeheartedly for his dedication and contribution to EQAR over the last years.
Six new Register Committee members will start their two-year mandate on 1 July. Incoming members Maria Arminda Bragança de Miranda, Riita Kaarina Pyykkö, Izabela Suika, Beate Treml, Anne Verreth and Steffen Westergard Andersen will replace outgoing members Josep Grifoll, Júlio Pedrosa, Olav Øye, Lucien Bollaert, Dáire Keogh and Dorte Kristoffersen, these last three having served on the Register Committee since 2008. Eric Froment, outgoing Chair of the Register Committee, thanked the outgoing members for their devotion, commitment and hard work during all these years.