Enhancing Quality through Innovative Policy & Practice
EQAR was project partner in this project coordinated by the European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASHE). EQAR was, among others, responsible for organising a focus group that explored and discussed the challenges that arose in the implementation of the ESG 2015 from the perspective of EQAR members; the national ministries of education.
The other partners in the consortium were the European Association of Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA), the European Students’ Union (ESU), the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR), Education International, the Portuguese Polytechnics Coordinating Council, and the University of Oslo.
The project received funding under Key Action 3: Support for policy reforms, Forward-Looking Cooperation Projects sub-programme.
General project description
The EQUIP project aimed at Enhancing Quality through Innovative Policy & Practice in European higher education by supporting and promoting a consistent, efficient and innovative embedding of the ESG 2015 at grass-root level.
- Analytical report highlighting the innovative aspects of the ESG 2015;
- Publications and dissemination of the ESG 2015 to the entire higher education community;
- Multi-level peer-learning groups with five training events including webinars to facilitate the use of the ESG 2015;
- Identifying and promoting innovative ways to apply the ESG 2015 following the consultation of all higher education actors;
- Highlighting changes to be made in quality assurance at various levels with a study on implementation challenges, solutions and policy impact;
- Putting forward European-level policy recommendations to stakeholder groups to feed into the discussions leading up to the 2018 EHEA Ministerial Conference.
The EQUIP project’s main target group were the higher education institutions, quality assurance agencies, students, policy-makers and the world of work.
The project ran from 1 November 2015 to 31 January 2018 (27 months)
The EQUIP project included three physical workshops and two webinars organised over the first semester of 2016 and a final event organised by EQAR in Prague
- Webinar on 17 February 2016
- Workshop in Amsterdam, Netherlands, on 14-15 March 2016
- Webinar on 13 April 2016
- Workshop in Vienna, Austria on 9-10 May 2016
- Workshop in Lisbon, Portugal on 6-7 June 2016
- EQAR Members’ Dialogue/EQUIP Focus Group in Praga 19-20 October 2017