- Management of the Register: general oversight
- DEQAR: communication with key stakeholders, infrastructure and technical matters
- External representation
- Statutory meetings
- Financial and HR management
The Secretariat supports all other bodies in their work, ensures the information exchange between the different bodies, serves as contact point for third parties and represents and promotes EQAR both within the EHEA (European Higher Education Area) as on international level.
Colin Tück - Director
Colin Tück has been working for EQAR since October 2007, initially as Project Manager on behalf of its founding members (ENQA, ESU, EUA and EURASHE). Prior to joining EQAR he was involved in quality assurance-related topics as a member of the European Students’ Union’s (ESU, formerly ESIB) Bologna Process Committee. He was a member of the Executive Board of the National Union of Students in Germany (fzs) before his involvement in ESU.
Phone: +32 2 234 39 11
Mobile: +32 485 28 23 55
Annelies Traas - Communications Officer
- Communication planning and content
- Organisation and planning of all EQAR events
- Contact for general and media inquiries
- DEQAR: Communication and dissemination, organisation and planning of events
Annelies Traas joined the EQAR Secretariat in 2009. She has a Master Degree in European Studies (Amsterdam) and complemented her degree by a post-graduate degree in European Law (Bilbao, Spain). Previously, Annelies has held various positions (operations manager, legal advisor, director of the board of an international pre-school in New-York) in different fields of expertise (non-profit organisations, business incubation, financial services, international school).
Phone: +32 2 234 39 12
Mobile: +32 474 9009 74
Melinda Szabó - Senior Policy Analyst
- Management of the Register: coordination and primary contact for applications, Substantive Change Reports, annual updates
- Knowledge base of national QA systems
- Support of EHEA monitoring and peer support activities
- Monitoring of European and national policy developments, analyses, statistics
- Content and programme of EQAR events
- DEQAR: Pilot studies
Melinda Szabó joined the Secretariat in March 2013. Melinda has done her master studies in Educational Management in Romania and complemented her degree with studies in political science at the Universite Libré de Bruxelles. She has previously worked in the Bologna Follow-Up Group Secretariat in providing support for the activities of the Working Groups and Networks (mainly the Social Dimension Working Group and Network of Experts on Student Support in Europe).
Phone: +32 2 234 39 15