Enhancing the Coverage and Connectivity of QA in the EHEA through DEQAR
DEQAR CONNECT was selected for EU co-funding under the Erasmus PLUS call to support the implementation of European Higher Education Area (EHEA) reforms.
The project focuses on two of the EHEA key commitments, supporting quality assurance and recognition inside the EHEA, and consists of two strands:
- Expand coverage to EHEA countries currently under-represented in DEQAR, by supporting the participation of agencies that could not join DEQAR in the first stage.
- Enhance connectivity by exploiting existing synergies and exploring new opportunities to use DEQAR data directly in the recognition workflow, digital credentialing and elsewhere.
Disclaimer Erasmus + programme
The European Commission support for the production of any DEQAR publications does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
- CIMEA – Centro di Informazione sulla Mobilità e le Equivalenze
- CNRED – National Center for Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas
- CIEP – Centre international d’études pédagogiques
- ASHE – Agency for Science and Higher Education
- NVAO – Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders
- ACQUIN – Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute
- ACSUCYL – Quality Assurance Agency for the University System of Castilla y León
- AEQES – Agence pour l’Evaluation de la Qualité de l’Enseignement Supérieur
- AIC – Academic Information Centre
- ANQA – National Center For Professional Education Quality Assurance
- AQ Austria – Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria
- CTI – Engineering Degree Commission
- EAEVE – European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education
- HAC – Hungarian Accreditation Committee
- IAAR – Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating
- IQAA – Independent Agency for Quality Assurance in Education
- MusiQuE – Music Quality Enhancement
- NCEQE – National Center for Education Quality Enhancement
- NCPA – National Center for Public Accreditation
- SKVC – Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education
- ENQA – European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education
- ESU – European Students Union
- EUA – European University Association
- EURASHE – European Association of Institutions in Higher Education
DEQAR CONNECT builds on several Commission funded projects:
- DEQAR project: Database of External Quality Assurance Results (more here)
- ETER: An important contributor to the database is ETER (the European Tertiary Education Register) and the related OrgReg (a Register of Public-Sector Organizations). DEQAR harvests records from ETER/OrgReg on an annual basis. These records serve as base set of records on European higher education institutions in DEQAR. The following ETER data on institutions are stored in the database: ETER ID, official name, English name, acronym, country, city (when available), latitude/longitude (when available), QF-EHEA levels and institution website.
- Qrossroads: DEQAR was conceived in the context of the EHEA goal of automatic recognition. Amongst others, it was inspired by Qrossroads, a frontrunner in publishing quality assurance reports developed by the European Consortium for Accreditation (ECA).