DEQAR - Database of External Quality Assurance Results
Quality at your fingertips!
The Database of External Quality Assurance Reports (DEQAR) project was selected for EU co-funding under Erasmus+ Key Action 3 – European Forward-Looking Cooperation Projects. The main aim of the DEQAR project is the development of a database that will enhance access to reports and decisions on higher education institutions/programmes externally reviewed against the ESG, by an EQAR-registered agency.
The database is expected to enable a broad range of users, including but not limited to:
- Recognition information centres (ENIC-NARICs)
- Recognition and admission officers in higher education institutions
- Students and student organisation representatives
- Quality assurance agencies
- Ministry representatives and other national authorities
to satisfy their information needs and support different types of decisions (e.g. recognition of degrees, mobility of students, portability of grants/loans). Through this database EQAR will contribute to the transparency of external quality assurance in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
DEQAR builds on several Commission funded projects:
- DEQAR was conceived in the context of the EHEA goal of automatic recognition. Amongst others, it was inspired by Qrossroads, a frontrunner in publishing quality assurance reports developed by the European Consortium for Accreditation (ECA).
- An important contributor to the database is ETER (the European Tertiary Education Register) and the related OrgReg (a Register of Public-Sector Organizations). DEQAR harvests records from ETER/OrgReg on an annual basis. These records serve as base set of records on European higher education institutions in DEQAR. The following ETER data on institutions are stored in the database: ETER ID, official name, English name, acronym, country, city (when available), latitude/longitude (when available), QF-EHEA levels and institution website.
Disclaimer Erasmus + programme
The European Commission support for the production of any DEQAR publications does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.