- Higher education in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) is subject to regular external review by a quality assurance agency (QAA).
- The agreed common framework for quality assurance systems is the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the EHEA (ESG).
- The European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR) is the EHEA’s official register of QAAs, listing those that substantially comply with the ESG.
Reliable information on quality of European higher education and its assurance
The current COVID-19 pandemic impacts the work and daily life of everyone in European higher education. We are ready to support our members, registered quality assurance agencies and partners in the challenges they are currently facing where we can. We will gather all related information on a dedicated page, including answers to frequent questions by registered agencies. EQAR staff are working from home until further notice, and we are reachable by email and phone as usual.
What to find
- The Register of trustworthy quality assurance agencies in the European Higher Education Area.
- The Database of higher education institutions and programmes that have been subject to external quality assurance as well as easy access to the corresponding reports (DEQAR).
- Our Knowledge base with information and data on external quality assurance systems and activities in Europe, presentations, project outlines.