EQAR is looking for a suitable individual to fill the position of President for the term 1 July 2023 until 30 June 2026 and to thus succeed EQAR’s current President, Karl Dittrich, who will finish his (second and last possible) mandate next year.
The President has responsibility for the leadership of the whole organisation within the frame set by General Assembly, and refined through decisions of the Executive Board and the Register Committee.
In particular, the President:
- chairs the Executive Board, the Register Committee and the General Assembly;
- represents EQAR externally at high-level events and meetings with governments, quality assurance agencies, higher education institutions and stakeholder organisations;
- ensures coherence in the work of all EQAR bodies.
The President acts as the legal representative of EQAR, and is supported by the Director and the Secretariat.
- senior leadership experience in higher education;
- good knowledge of quality assurance and policy developments in higher education at the European level;
- experience in chairing discussions in a complex environment;
- excellent diplomatic and social skills;
- excellent command of English and full confidence as public speaker;
- independence of EQAR’s members and quality assurance agencies.
The closing date for candidacies is 21 November 2022. Download the full Call for Candidates and find out more about the selection process, logistical and financial aspects and how to submit your candidacy.