Fourth and last DEQAR event - 7-8 October 2019
Coming up: DEQAR Final Conference in Madrid
The DEQAR Final Conference / EQAR Members’ Dialogue will be hosted by the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M), thanks to the Spanish University Association (Crue Universidades Españolas).
The DEQAR Final Conference will aim to:
- Enable and support peer learning and exchange of experience among policy makers, stakeholders and researchers.
- Present and discuss with participants the pilot studies prepared by UGent (CHEGG).
- Explore good practices and ways to further promote the use of the database.
- Elicit suggestions on how to develop the database further.
The Final Conference will be organised in conjunction with the annual EQAR Members’ Dialogue (MD), an events that serves as a forum to discuss current policy developments in quality assurance.
- All DEQAR project partners.
- ENIC NARIC representatives and other interested stakeholders representing the target groups of DEQAR
- EQAR Governmental members (41 ministries of higher education)
- EQAR Stakeholder Members (ENQA, ESU, EUA, EURASHE, BUSINESSEUROPE, Education International)
- EQAR Permanent observers (Council of Europe, UNESCO, European Commission, Bologna Secretariat)
- EQAR statutory bodies
User Interface Workshop in Rome
Third DEQAR event - June 2018
EQAR registered agencies as well as stakeholder partners of the project gathered in Rome for the DEQAR User Interface Workshop on 25-26 June.
The event, attended by 30 people from 14 different countries, was hosted by CIMEA, one of the project partners and had as purpose to:
- Understand how the user-friendliness and presentation of the website could be improved to best meet the needs of the target audiences;
- Identify what supporting documentation, tools and guidance might be developed to aid end users;
- Consider how to inform current and potential audiences of the application that the Database might have in their own work;
- Look at possible additional data, change in collection scope or structure, historical data, data presentation, linkages to other resources, use of API, and machine readable outputs.
During one of the practical sessions “Systems Trials”, participants had to work through pre-prepared queries designed in advance to test different parts of the database. This yielded some interesting results, which will all be used to enhance and refine the structure, the scope and or the presentation of the database to further improve the user experience.
This was followed by a panel discussion on DEQAR stakeholder involvement and expected impact. One of the conclusions was that the different stakeholder groups not only have different expectations and different uses for the database, but also very wide-ranging understanding of quality assurance and its uses, and that taking into account these diverse purposes and wishes, within the remit of the project, would be paramount.
Another session consisted of small groups brainstorming about communication tools, linkages to other resources and possible additional data and necessary changes in the scope, structure or presentation.
Conclusions that were presented in the wrap-up session were manifold and ranged from improvements to the database that could and would be implemented immediately to recommendations that would need some further thought and analysis. The leitmotiv of the whole exercise revolved around finding the right balance between everyone’s needs and the usefulness or feasibility of all the ideas and proposals.
See photos from our event in our DEQAR User Interface Workshop album.
Data collection and back-end workshop in Bonn
Second DEQAR event - March 2018
As is clear from the title of the workshop, this event revolved around the data collection and the back-end of the database.
Agencies were not only able to put forward their questions on how to upload their data and reports, but also to test it in practice with the help of the IT developers’ team.
Apart from the practical sessions, several explanatory presentations were given:
- An overview about the DEQAR project aims, the background, the project partners and the data envisaged for the database.
- A presentation on the structural and functional overview of the database, focusing on the submission and administrative modules.
- A detailed walk-through of submission procedures and requirements.
- A presentation and discussion on the database policies, terms and conditions.
First DEQAR event - December 2017
The DEQAR webinar was the first major event of the DEQAR project, dedicated to all DEQAR project partner QA agencies.
During the webinar the project coordinator and the database developers presented an overview about the database project, the draft data schema, the technical specifications and the methods for data delivery. There was also time for questions and discussions.
The webinar was organised for the technical staff all EQAR registered quality assurance agencies, including non-project-partner agencies. The participation rate was high, with 25 out of 26 project partners taking part and additionally also five non-project-partner agencies. EQAR was very satisfied with the active participation and interest shown.
More information regarding the DEQAR webinar (agenda, data submission plan, functional overview) can be found here.
October 2018 – March 2019:
- Development of interactive, real-time and personalised infographics on quality assurance of higher education in Europe.
- Publication of first pilot study on the DEQAR project.
- Publication of good practice examples as well as testimonials of users of the database.
- Final conference with stakeholders and publication of second pilot study.
October 2018 :
- Launch of the final, refined user interface.
- Promotion of the database among relevant user groups via promotion materials and stands at conferences, fairs and other events.
June 2018 – September 2018:
- Refining the user interface
April 2018 – June 2018
- User Interface Workshop in Rome on 25-26 June.
- Publication of the public beta version of the user interface (23 May).
- Testing of the operational back-end and data collection software.
January 2018 – March 2018:
- Development and finalising of the technical specifications and the initial database prototype.
- DEQAR data collection and back-end workshop in Bonn on 19-20 March.
November 2017 – December 2017:
- Project kick off on 1 November 2017.
- Finalising subcontract with IT developers’ team.
- Preparations for the development of the technical specifications for the database as well as the common data schema.