The map below illustrates the stage of implementation of the key commitment on external quality assurance across the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
Click on an EHEA country listed below to find out more information about:
- the list of registered agencies based or operating in that country;
- the quality assurance reports and decisions by these agencies;
- on whether higher education institutions can choose any suitable EQAR-registered agencies for their regular external QA (system openness);
- if higher education institutions can employ the European Approach for the quality assurance of joint programmes.
We aim to keep the country information as accurate and reliable as possible. Please inform us should you note any inaccurate or misleading information, using our contact details.
Fully aligned with the ESG
A fully functioning quality assurance system is in operation nationwide, in which all higher education institutions are subject to regular external quality assurance by an agency that has successfully demonstrated compliance with the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the EHEA (ESG) through registration on EQAR
- Belgium (Flemish Community)
- Belgium (French Community)
- United Kingdom (Northern Ireland)
- United Kingdom (Scotland)
- United Kingdom (Wales)
Partially aligned with the ESG
A fully functioning quality assurance system is in operation nationwide but only some higher education institutions are subject to regular external quality assurance by an agency that has successfully demonstrated compliance with the ESG through registration on EQAR
- Czech Republic
- Holy See
- United Kingdom (England)
Not aligned to the ESG
A quality assurance system is in operation nationwide, but has not (yet) been fully aligned to the ESG